POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY is currently FULL for the Summer of 2017.
We are limited on the number of students we can accept in this program. Email email@example.com if you would like to be added to our waiting list.
Power Scholars Academy is a five-week academic and enrichment program, serving students entering Grades 4-6 in the Fall 2017 school year. Scholars participate in academic classes in the morning, followed by enrichment, elective classes in the afternoons. Every Friday there is either a guest speaker, or a field trip, with breakfast and lunch served daily.
Please read the following requirements for the program prior to registering:
- Power Scholars Academy is a national program and we are limited in the number of students we can accept per grade level. If the program is full you will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available.
- Power Scholars Academy will only serve students who are entering grades 4-6 in the Fall.
- -If your child is entering grades 7-8, email firstname.lastname@example.org fo
r alternative Summer camp options.
- The dates for the program are July 5 - August 4, 2017.
-Power Scholars is a full five-week program. You may not register on a week by week basis.
-Students in this program are required to attend at least 80% of the program days.
-A student can only miss four total days between July 5 - August 4 to be eligible to attend.
- Program times are 8:15am-3:15pm, Monday-Friday.
-Before/After Care and transportation are not provided in this program.
- You and your child must attend one of our three mandatory orientation events prior to the program start date:
-These meeting dates are tentatively scheduled for June 3 (morning), June 8 (evening), and June 24 (morning)
-Final dates and times will be sent out via email
- The only cost to attend is a $50 (non refundable) registration fee, paid at the orientation meetings (made payable to "MOST—Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan")
-The $50 will be deposited in to a 529 College Savings Account for your child, which will be created at the orientation events.
-If your student completes the full program with 80% attendance, the YMCA will match your $50 College Savings deposit at the end of the program.
A few other reminders about Power Scholars Academy:
- Breakfast and lunch are provided each day.
- Please send your child with a water bottle and closed-toe shoes each day.
- Transportation is not provided. Students will need to be dropped off at 8:15am and picked up promptly at 3:15pm. Our doors will not open until 8am, and will lock at 3:30pm.
Here is a link to register: https://tinyurl