When you join the Y, you become part of our cause to strengthen the foundation of our community. However, joining is just the first step.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MEMBERS, PARENTS AND VOLUNTEERS
We are a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Please help us create a safe, comfortable and inclusive environment at all times by following our code of conduct.
Please follow the golden rule:
Treat others the way you would like to be treated by upholding Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Members 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
• Safety first. Be sure to follow the rules posted within each of our facilities and their respective program areas.
• Help us maintain our family friendly environment which is welcoming, genuine, nurturing and caring for all people. Profanity or unwelcome comments, conduct and actions will not be tolerated.
• Help us care for our environment that is welcoming, genuine, nurturing and caring for all people.
• We care for our environment: Please recycle at your Y and also use only the towels you need.
• Liquids in spill-proof non-breakable containers are welcome in Y program areas.
• We take pride in our family friendly environment. Please keep attire appropriate and modest.
• Be courteous to your fellow Y members by refraining from conversations on your cell phone.
• Program areas are designed with safety in mind.
• Children ages 10-12 years of age are welcome to participate in non-weight bearing group exercise classes with a parent/guardian.
-See your local branch for a list of specified classes.
• Ages 7 years and under must have an adult (age 18 and up) in the water within arm’s reach.
• Ages 8-12 years must have an adult in the building. For the safety of your child, a swim test is required to swim without adult supervision.
• Ages 13 years and up may swim independently