You are here
YMCA Book Fair
Our 40th Annual YMCA Book Fair will be held at Greensfelder Recreation Center Friday, August 17 through Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
The YMCA will begin accepting donations of books, audio CD’s, DVD’s and LP vinyl records for our 40th annual Fair on March 1, 2018. You will be able to drop off your donations to select YMCA locations in metro St. Louis beginning on March 1, 2018.
Our Annual YMCA Book Fair is the largest single fundraising event for the Gateway Region YMCA. Proceeds from the Book Fair support the Y's cause of strengthening communities. Daily our YMCA Community Development, Washington University in St. Louis Campus Y, and the Carondelet Park Rec Complex are able put staff and volunteers in our community to deliver life-changing programs to thousands of Gateway Region residents. Thank you to our Book Fair patrons!
The Community Development YMCA provides FREE reading tutoring to youth and adults.
- Volunteers in our tutoring programs help hundreds of individuals improve their reading skills and meet their personal goals.
- Local middle school students participate in Science Gone Mad, a program to connect youth to STEM education.
- Parents increase their confidence while building at-home libraries for their children in our Beginning Babies with Books program.
Student Members of the Washington University in St. Louis Campus YMCA deliver 20,000 or more hours of free community service each year throughout the region.
- Volunteers in our Help to Heal program reach out weekly to victims of domestic abuse at a local family shelter, giving children the chance to simply be kids!
- Local middle school children participate in Science Olympiad, a national science competition.
- Children at five local hospitals engage with patients in fun and stimulating science experiments through our Einstein Explorers partnership.
- Campus Y Student Members volunteer at several local YMCA branches to serve hundreds of children as youth sports coaches.
There are LOTS of opportunities to volunteer at our 40th Annual YMCA Book Fair, and If you are interested in volunteering, we would love to welcome you to our team! Please email email@example.com and we will get you connected!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Pricing and Sorting
- Event Volunteer Positions
- Check out