Dedicated to fostering a positive spirit in Belleville, IL, we offer dozens of programs geared toward promoting our core values of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to the entire community. Here’s how:
The future is in the hands of our youth, and at the YMCA in Belleville, IL, we begin our outreach with positive programs for kids of all ages, abilities, interests and needs. Through sports, group programs and other educational services, we aim to promote leadership, learning and life skills. Our childhood development programs include:
- Youth sports leagues and programs in baseball, basketball, flag football, volleyball, soccer, softball, gymnastics and more
- Swim lessons in Belleville, IL
- Early childhood education
- Sleepaway camp
- Summer day camps in a variety of exciting subjects
For those times when life is busy and healthy living is hard, the YMCA in Belleville, IL, is here to help you take control of maintaining your health. Whatever your age, activity level or abilities, we have fitness classes and healthy living and eating programs to make your wellness goals a reality. Here’s what membership at the Downtown Belleville YMCA offers you:
- Free access to all our fitness center features, including our indoor track, gymnasium, basketball court and pool
- Free access to group exercise classes like Zumba, Pilates, Piyo, Cycling, Insantiy, Yoga, BODYPUMP® more
- Fun water fitness classes at no additional charge
- Individual or group participation in personal training programs
- Programs to assist in blood pressure monitoring
- Special health programs like the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program and the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program
- Access to our MyFitness program, which offers free health and wellness consultations
- Even lower rates for Y paid programs like our Weight Loss Program
For those who take advantage of our healthy living programs, the rewards are well worth it.
Take Jackie, for example, a woman in her sixties who struggled with weight issues and disliked exercise. With the help of a Y membership, a personal trainer and all our amazing equipment, she has taken control of her body and her life. “I am so grateful to have reached my goals physically and rediscovered my self-esteem,” she says.
At the Downtown Belleville YMCA in Belleville, IL, nothing is more important to us than developing and supporting the community we live in. With the help of our generous volunteers and public and private donor partners, we make it our priority to promote community outreach, interaction and growth. Our opportunities for positive learning include:
Financial Assistance: We want everyone in the community to be able to get healthier, learn more and feel a greater sense of social responsibility. Recognizing that different families have different situations and different budgets, we also offer financial assistance for those who qualify. Our Annual Campaign donors make all this possible.
Community Development: For early learners, teens and adults who continue to crave knowledge, we offer educational programs and services geared towards individual development and positive learning. Our programs in Belleville, IL, include:
- Learning Labs
- Teen Readers
- Power Scholars
- Youth and Government
- Early Learning Readiness
Inclusion Services: We want nothing more than to accommodate everyone who can benefit from our programs, so our services include offerings for every interest, age, ability level and special need. There’s something for everyone at the Belleville, IL, YMCA, including:
- Daycare in Belleville, IL
- Summer camps across subjects, ages and interests
- The YMCA Adult Habilitation Day Program
- Integrated fitness programs
If you’re looking for a supportive community environment in the Belleville, IL, area to enjoy health and fitness activities and participate in fun and enriching programs for the whole family, you’re just a YMCA membership away. Get involved and sign up today.
Stop by today to see why our gym has been rated 4.4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews on Facebook!