The South City Family YMCA offers opportunities and a community spirit you won’t necessarily find at other gyms in South City, St. Louis. That’s why even if you first choose us as an alternative to South City St. Louis public pools or smaller local gyms, we think you’ll keep coming back, both for yourself and for your children.
At the YMCA, our goal is to nourish your body and mind while promoting our core values of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
A strong community begins with capable, competent youth, which is why we start our community outreach by building up your kids to the best of our abilities. Promoting positive learning, leadership, development and life skills, our programs include:
- Youth sports like basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, gymnastics, soccer, flag football and more
- Swim lessons in St. Louis, MO, and surrounding areas
- Early childhood education programs
- Summer day camps in special interest areas for all ages
- Overnight camps for older kids
There’s nothing more crucial than your health, and here at the South City Family YMCA in St. Louis, MO, we prioritize your wellness by providing you with programs in healthy living, healthy eating and fitness. Here are all the healthy services your membership promises you:
- Free access to facilities and fitness centers like our pool, indoor track, gymnasium and basketball court
- Free aquatic fitness classes
- Cost-free access to group exercise classes like Piyo, Yoga, Pilates, Insanity, Cycling, BODYPUMP®, Zumba and more
- Blood pressure monitoring programs
- Access to individual or group personal training programs
- Free MyFitness features, including wellness consultations
- Access to select special programs like the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program and the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
- Reduced rates on our Y paid programs, including the Y Weight Loss Program
Our goal is to care for and strengthen our communities in St. Louis, MO, and southwestern Illinois areas. By partnering with public and private donors — and thanks to our incredibly generous volunteers — we can fulfill our responsibility toward developing community outreach and interaction. Here’s how:
Financial Assistance: To make sure anyone and everyone can afford the amazing benefits of a Y membership, we provide financial assistance programs to those who qualify. We believe our community should be open to all.
Community Development Programs: For kids, teens and adults with a desire for knowledge or a need for educational assistance, we provide a host of positive, enriching programs and services, including:
- Learning Labs
- Teen Readers
- Early Learning Readiness
- Power Scholars
- Youth and Government
- Reach and Rise® Mentoring Program
Inclusion Services: Through our specialized services, we ensure everyone experiences a perfect, individualized approach to all our programs, no matter their age or needs. Additional services we offer in South City, St. Louis, MO, include:
- Child care
- Summer camps in various subject matters and special interest areas
- YMCA Adult Habilitation Day Program
- Integrated fitness program
The Y doesn’t just provide programs and services — with our group activities, community outreach and social atmosphere, we bring people together.
For Robbie, Thelma and Miss B, active seniors who met seven years ago in an aquatics class, the YMCA means friendship, as well as fitness and fun. Mutual encouragement and enjoyment of each other’s company keeps them coming back, helping them stay both physically fit and happy.
To truly appreciate all the wonderful benefits the YMCA can offer you and your family, experience it for yourself. Sign up today to find out how much the Y can do for you. We can’t wait to meet you!