SOUTH COUNTY, MO YMCA
We’re more than just a gym in South County, MO. The Y is a place where you and your family grow in spirit, mind and body. Take Aliza, a Y member who moved from Australia to Illinois. Joining the YMCA not only gave her children a place to take swim lessons in South County, MO, but also gave her a new understanding of community.
Aliza says, “The Y has definitely helped me understand how to be a part of a community […] I quickly grew to have a sense of why that kind of support is important. I see it in the staff [...] I see it when the Y helps people join through financial assistance. I see it in the friendships I’ve formed by being a part of the Y.”
Giving the community support, as well as a place to build friendships, achieve their health goals and maintain their well-being is because of our areas of focus: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. Helping our children learn and grow to become the community leaders of tomorrow is the core of our youth development focus. We support every child, including those with special needs. Our staff will help your kids learn their ABCs, while also teaching valuable life lessons, like sportsmanship, leadership, self-esteem and sharing.
Our fun, educational youth programs and child care in South County, MO, include:
- Swim lessons
- Before and after school child care
- Early childhood education
- Summer day camp
- Overnight camp
- Youth Sports — basketball, baseball, flag football, soccer, dance, martial arts and more!
Youth development programs at the Y help your child grow by giving them a solid foundation. Mariana came to the Y to improve her reading levels and reach her long-term goal of becoming a doctor.
“The Y helped me know that I can do that.” And now, through one-on-one tutoring at the Y, Mariana reads at a sixth-grade level and is only in fifth grade!
HEALTHY LIVING. Giving you the support and tools so you can live a longer, stronger life is the second of our three focuses at the Y. The healthy living and fitness membership programs at our gym and pool in South County, MO, are designed to help everyone — whether it’s your child, you or your grandparent — live a healthier, enriching life.
Our program benefits include:
- Free child watch
- Free water fitness classes
- Free group exercise – BODYPUMP®, Pilates, Cycling, Yoga, Insanity, Zumba, Piyo and more!
- Free MyFitness health and wellness consultation
- Use of our pool, gymnasium, basketball court and indoor track
- Access to blood pressure monitoring programs
- Access to individual and group personal training
- Access to the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program and the LiveStrong at the YMCA Program
- Low prices on the Y Weight Loss Program and paid programs
Take advantage of the community atmosphere at our fitness center and pool in South County, MO, to build your emotional and physical health like Robbie, Miss B and Thelma. These three ladies met more than five years ago during a group water exercise class. Together they built up their strength, along with a lasting friendship.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. To benefit every community and family across Missouri and Illinois, we rely on public and private donors, as well as volunteers. Because of our commitment to social responsibility, we’re able to provide your family and the entire South County community — no matter their income, background or age — with the opportunity to enrich their lives and well-being.
Our socially responsible services include:
- Financial Assistance. Income shouldn’t stop you from living a happier, healthier life. We make the Y accessible through financial assistance for membership and programs. Thanks to our Annual Campaign, we’re able to provide qualifying individuals with the funds they need to become a Y member.
- Community Development. We believe it truly takes a village to raise a child, which is why we have programs to help our neighborhood children learn and grow. Along with teaching, we provide them with the tools to become an active and engaging member of society.
Our community development programs include:
- Early Learning Readiness
- Youth and Government
- Teen Leaders
- Learning Labs
- Power Scholars
- Reach and Rise® Mentoring Program
We also provide educational services for older members who want to continue their lifelong journey of learning.
- Inclusion Services. We believe access to our activities and programs, like our summer camps, shouldn’t be restricted by your income or ability. Everyone is welcome at the Y, and our trained staff members make sure you feel comfortable by helping you gain the most from programs such as:
- Child care
- Summer camp
- YMCA Adult Habilitation Day program
- Integrated fitness program
Parents, like Maggie, have benefited from our commitment to social responsibility. Through our community development program, she learned about parenting while pregnant with her son, Donald. Maggie says, “The Beginning Babies with Books program helped me to become a better parent.”
If you’re looking for a pool, daycare or gym in South County, MO, that offers compassionate service and a multitude of exercise and health programs, visit our fitness center. We are located close to towns like Barnhart, Fenton and Arnold, MO.