It all starts with membership. Signing up for yourself and your family at the Downtown St. Louis YMCA at the MX is easy, and instantly gives you access to all the great health, fitness, and enrichment facilities and programs the YMCA has to offer.
Here at the YMCA in St. Louis, MO, we strive to uphold our standards of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Our efforts begin with elevating our youth through providing programs with positive goals for kids of all ages, interests, abilities and needs. By giving kids new opportunities to grow and develop outside of school, we encourage learning, leadership and life skills.
Our child development programs within the Gateway Region YMCA association, include:
- Sports leagues and programs, including flag football, gymnastics, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, soccer and more
- Swim lessons in St. Louis, MO
- Early childhood education
- Exciting, enriching summer day camps for special interests
- Overnight camps
We know it’s not always easy, but managing your health and fitness is one of the most important habits you can uphold. Here at the YMCA in downtown St. Louis, MO, we provide programs to help you manage and maintain your health. No matter your abilities, activity level or age, our healthy living, healthy eating and fitness classes help you take control. Here’s what we offer in your membership:
- Free fitness center access
- Free participation in group exercise classes like Pilates, Zumba, Piyo, Insantiy, BODYPUMP®, Cycling, Yoga and more
- Personal training programs in a group or individual setting
- Blood pressure monitoring programs
- Optional participation in our health programs, including the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program and the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
- Free health and wellness consultations through our MyFitness program
- Reduced rates on Y paid programs like our Weight Loss Program
When you take advantage of all our membership opportunities, the results are so worth it. Take Stephen, an older adult YMCA member of 12 years — without the time he spends participating in Y programs like swimming and fitness classes, he says, his bad hips would probably put him in a wheelchair. Thanks to his healthy living habits at the Y, he keeps himself young in body and heart.
At the Downtown St. Louis YMCA at the MX in St. Louis, MO, our community always comes first — that’s why we do our utmost to support our ultimate goal of developing the community through outreach, interaction, positive learning and overall growth. Assisted by our generous donors and volunteers, we provide numerous community-promoting programs, including:
Financial Assistance: Staying healthy, socializing and connecting with the larger community shouldn’t come with a set price tag, which is why we offer financial assistance for anyone who qualifies and wishes to take advantage of all our opportunities. With the help of our Annual Campaign donors, we’re proud to provide positive experiences for everyone.
Community Development: Whether you’re a young child, a developing teen or an aspiring adult, it’s never too early or too late for educational enrichment. For those who crave more knowledge, we offer programs and services that encourage individual learning and development. Our programs throughout the Gateway Region YMCA include:
- Learning Labs
- Power Scholars
- Teen Readers
- Youth and Government
- Early Learning Readiness
Inclusion Services: When it comes to healthy living, learning and community development, everyone should be able to participate, regardless of age, abilities, interest and special needs. At the Downtown St. Louis, MO, YMCA, we do our best to accommodate everyone with our all-inclusive programs, such as:
- Daycare in St. Louis, MO
- Summer camps for all age groups, interests and needs
- Integrated fitness programs
Whether it’s for yourself, your kids or your whole family, there’s no time like the present to start taking advantage of all the Y has to offer. Sign up today.