MID COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
If you’re looking for a fitness center in Brentwood, MO, we encourage you to come see how our YMCA community can support your health and wellness needs, while welcoming you to our compassionate and active group of members.
Our mission of strengthening the community through better health and education has given rise to our focus on three areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
It all starts with giving confidence and positive values to our children, then providing them and others with the tools they need to live healthier, stronger lives — all while making sure we support the entire community.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. If you’ve been looking for child care in Brentwood, MO, and a place for your kids to learn positive values like sportsmanship, sharing and leadership, we invite you to check out the Y. We’re a leading destination for youth programs because we offer:
- Youth sports, including volleyball, basketball, softball, flag football, soccer, gymnastics and more
- Swim lessons
- Summer day camps
- Overnight camps
- Early childhood education
- Before and after school day care
Families like Aliza’s have grown up with the Y’s youth development programs. Aliza says, “the kids love everything from child watch to swim lessons. Summer camp was especially beneficial for helping my son improve his social skills […] there is simply no place like it.”
HEALTHY LIVING. Improving your health doesn’t have an expiration date. No matter your age or ability, we can help you develop eating and exercise habits that will improve your daily life.
Membership at the Y includes access to healthy living and fitness programs like:
- Use of our pool, gymnasium, racquetball courts, basketball court and indoor track
- Free child watch
- Free water fitness classes
- Free group exercise classes – BODYPUMP®, Pilates, Cycling, Yoga, Zumba, and more!
- Free MyFitness health and wellness consultations
- Access to blood pressure monitoring programs
- Access to individual and group personal training
- Access to the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program and the LiveStrong at the YMCA Program
- Low rates on the Y Weight Loss Program and paid programs
Jackie, a YMCA member, benefited immensely from our healthy living offerings and driven, experienced staff. When she joined, Jackie had low self-esteem and was overweight, but wanted to improve her well-being. Partnered with a Y personal trainer, Jackie not only lost weight, but her self-esteem shot through the roof. For Jackie, it’s, “been a life changing experience […] I am so grateful to have reached my goals.”
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. We rely on the generosity of public donors, private donors and volunteers to strengthen our community. Their compassion and kindness allow us to provide learning and growth opportunities for every age, background and income level in our neighborhood through:
- Financial Assistance. We offer financial assistance for membership and programs to those who qualify — anyone who wants to be a part of the Y community can be, regardless of their income. We can provide aid because of the kind and constant support of donors to our Annual Campaign.
- Community Development. The Y provides educational programs and services to teach and develop leaders among our youth, as well as adults seeking additional enrichment. Programs include:
- Learning Labs
- Early Learning Readiness
- Teen Leaders
- Power Scholars
- Youth and Government
Enrich your child’s education and experiences through these programs. You’ll also give them the opportunity to meet other kids their age that share their interests.
- Inclusion Services. Everyone should have the opportunity to continue their journey of education and growth. That’s why our fitness and learning programs, as well as family services at our gym and pool in Brentwood, MO, offer something for every age and skill level. Count on our experienced staff members to make you comfortable with any activity you participate in, including:
- Summer camp
- Integrated fitness program
Y members that have benefited from our dedication to social responsibility include Brandy, a young mother working on her college degree. Searching for a daycare in Brentwood, MO, Brandy found the Y could give her daughter a safe, nurturing and educational environment through our financial assistance program. “Thanks to the Y, I am able to continue my education and work toward my dream of becoming a dental hygienist.”
If you’re looking for a gym, daycare and pool for swim lessons in Brentwood, MO, come to the Y. We’ve fostered a helpful, caring community of people who can help you achieve your goals and grow as an individual. Whether you’re from Ferguson, Town and Country, or St. Louis, MO, we’d love for you to join our community.